Every 4 years, the world has one time zone, and this year it’s in Russia! The whole world would be tuned in, while others will make the trip down to Russia to experience the tournament first hand.
Here are some facts that would most definitely come in handy, regardless of which group you belong.
1. Russia is the world’s largest nation bordering European and Asian countries as well as the Pacific and Arctic oceans.
2. It literally takes up 1/7th of the earth’s land area. Its landscape ranges from tundra and forests to subtropical beaches.
3. Spanning across 11 time zones, it is one of the most fascinating places in the world.
4. It is the only country in the world which is washed by twelve seas. The country is one of the most popular tourist destinations because of her rich culture and heritage.
5. It is famous for The Russian Doll; also known as Matryoshkas, Architecture and Vodka. But in recent times, Russia has become even more popular for the World Cup! The buzz around the world’s largest nation stems from her hosting rights for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Tournament.
6. The Russian currency is called the RUBLE, with the currency code RUB. The Nigerian Naira exchanges at ₦5.86 to one Russian Ruble. The Ruble is the national legal tender of Russia.
7. The US dollar is also sometimes used for large transactions. The US dollar is very easily exchanged at banks and currency exchange merchants, which are everywhere in St. Petersburg; the second largest city after Moscow which is the Nation’s capital.
8. Foreign Exchange places open every day, sometimes even for 24hours. In Moscow, they are spotted with their flashing signs that display the day's exchange rates most of which are usually quite similar. Currency exchange merchants thrive on commissions, either directly, as a percentage, or also in the form of a less advantageous exchange rate.
9. The FIFA World Cup matches will be held in 12 stadiums across 11 cities with Moscow being the only city with two arenas.
10. Russia 2018 will witness the introduction of the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) for the first time after the use of the technology got approval from the International Football Association Board (IFAB).
Protrade is the ultimate solution for every world cup tourist. As a reputable merchant with more than favourable rates, Protrade is your preferred Foreign Exchange provider before you head out for the tournament.
Make your Foreign Exchange seamless and hassle free with Protrade by getting the best rates available on the market!
You don’t have to worry about your Foreign Exchange for the World Cup, just call on Protrade.